Benefits of Membership
The Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was incorporated in March 2006. CEWD is a unique partnership between energy companies, their associations, contractors, and unions focusing on the need to build a skilled workforce pipeline that will meet future industry needs.
Membership in the Center gives your company access to:
- Online toolkits: all-inclusive toolkits make it easy for your organization to implement programs such as a summer camp, career fair, and a Lego® League.
- Marketing templates: customizable Career in Energy brochures, posters, and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Free webinars: the Quick Solutions series highlights practical workforce development strategies.
- Special member rate for our annual Summit: the annual gathering of energy companies and their community college and workforce investment board partners.
- Regional Meetings: smaller forums where members can discuss ways to work together.
- Competency Models: detailed knowledge and skill sets for the highest priority positions, including line installers, power and gas plant operators, technicians, and pipefitters.
- Communities of Practice: online communities for those with common interests.
- Ability to post locations of company facilities and link to your recruiting website on the public Get Into Energy site featuring the Google Job Locator.
- Model Processes: step-by-step directions on how to recreate some of the industry’s most successful models, such as line worker programs at local community colleges.
- Best Practices: a database full of great ideas that have tested by companies like yours.
- With numerous other resources and tools to assist your organization with forming partnerships and recruiting a talented workforce.
With CEWD’s focal point of workforce issues, membership in the Center is your answer to today’s and tomorrow’s workforce challenges.
© Center for Energy Workforce Development 2018