CEWD Hosts Ford Next Generation Learning Workshop:
Unlock the Power of Partnerships
Explore a blueprint for strategic employer and educator collaboration
Join us and Ford Next Generation Learning on Monday, September 21 for a 2-hour, interactive workshop designed just for you, our CEWD members. This gives you a behind the scenes, sneak peak, into the art and science of building strategic partnerships by getting to know Ford NGL’s Powerful Partnership Process.
With 20+ years in the education and workforce solution space, Ford Next Generation Learning will save you time in trying to figure this out alone. Come and learn about ways to avoid common barriers to forming strategic partnerships. You will also get a tool to start forming a strategic partnership right away.
It’s time for us to make a paradigm shift and learn more about the ultimate talent development approach to the workforce our industry needs not only today, but of the future.
This workshop will be presented using Adobe Connect. To join the Adobe Connect Desktop application must be pre-installed on your device.
Who might best benefit from this workshop?
Employer Organizations: Leaders in departments like human resources, workforce and talent development, diversity & inclusion.
Districts: Leaders in departments like assistant superintendent office for high school and transition readiness, chief equity and diversity officer, career and technical education director, business and school partnership director.
This is an interactive workshop: Participant’s will experience this workshop through a platform called Adobe Connect. Visit here to understand the system tech requirements.
Representative Results of Powerful Partnerships
- Contribute to and strengthen the workforce pipeline by introducing essential knowledge, skills, and technologies into the high school curriculum.
- Build positive relationships and a community network that supports and values the business’s contributions to student learning.
- Effectively support teachers as they develop a relevant understanding of the world of work.
- Develop a long-lasting relationship with young people before they enter the workforce.
The instructional design is aligned to industry and able to strengthen young people’s experiences that allow deeper exploration of open-ended and multiple opportunities to solve complex problems.
Students (while in High School)
- Develop relationships with employer organizations and cultivate a professional network that fosters success in college, career, and life.
- Build a professional portfolio that includes a toolbox of skills that, when effectively incorporated with academics, strengthens their professional resume.
- Use authentic workplace challenges to analyze conflicting priorities, sift and sort information, consider multiple perspectives, and develop appropriate solutions within the constraints of a real problem.
About Ford Next Generation Learning
All youth, especially those furthest from opportunity, deserve an education that nurtures their talents and full potential, preparing them for whatever future path they choose. Over the last 20 years, Ford Next Generation Learning (Ford NGL) has prototyped and refined a variety of workforce and education solutions that leverage the power of community and partnerships.